Wednesday, July 8, 2009

June catch-up: Boise trip

Last night we took Greg to the airport. (As the immediate family of a U.S. Armed Forces Service Member, David, Mary, and I got a special pass to accompany Greg all the way to his gate. Like in the olden days! That was a happy surprise. Other happiness included one very awesome kiss I got and my children's failure to melt down--though David remarked on the way back to the car, "I don't got no daddy now.") Now that Greg is (at this very moment) on a plane to Honduras, allow me to begin catching you up some on June's happenings.

Soon after our big road trip, we piled the kids back in the car for a trip up to Boise to visit my grandma, aunt, and my brother and his family.

On the way, we stopped near Hagerman for a look at the Hagerman Fossil Beds and the Oregon Trail.

Look at that big Western sky:
Yes, that is a majestic sky that speaks to the soul:


This is a bridge built long ago, so scientists could access the fossil beds:

Once we got to Boise we had a great time with family--

swimming at the hotel
rub-a-dub-dub, three cousins in the tub

tinker toys at Grandma's house
David playing with the firetruck my dad played with when he was little
My grandma and my deliciously adorable niece
more fun at Grandma's house



a picnic of yummy homemade pizzas perfected on the grill, followed the next day by a trip to the zoo





and a visit to Nampa is never complete without a trip to the Mongolian Barbecue at the Hong Kong
Thank you to you Idahoans for showing us a great time!

(I should add that technically I am an Idahoan, having been born in Boise. So this was really a trip to the homeland!)