For months David has been talking about going to a dinosaur museum. So, while my mom was here, we decided we'd check out the Museum of Natural History at the Museum Center in Cincinnati. The Museum Center is in this fabulous old Art Deco train station. It's worth the trip just to see the building.

Since David had preschool in the morning, we went in the afternoon. Poor David. He loves his afternoon nap, and without it, he's not quite his chipper self. Despite having been thrilled at the prospect of seeing dinosaurs, by the time we made it to the dinosaur exhibit, he couldn't have cared less. (The museum has a wonderful exhibit on the ice age--I can't wait to go back for a better look at it.) Here is a token picture of David and an Anklyosaurus, which, as you can tell, he didn't care one bit about.

Why watch T.V at home when you can drive 50 miles away to watch T.V.?

Despite the presence of sand for eating and steps for climbing, all Mary wanted to do in the preschool play area was sit at the table and hold crayons. I think she felt like a very big girl.

I can't speak for David and Mary, but I know my mom and I had a really fun time. Thanks, Mom!