Monday, November 17, 2008

First snow

David has been practicing making snow angels on the living room floor for the past month in preparation.  

It wasn't much, but enough to be official:  Our first snow of the season.  

This afternoon, Mary, with fascination and excitement, watched out the window the snowflakes fall.  Finally, by evening, after we'd returned from our errands, enough snow had stuck on the ground to warrant a bit of running around outside.

Dad was home already from school, so he joined in the fun.
Look at this sweet baby girl of mine, with snowflakes in her hair.  (Notice David in the background "making tracks.")
My beautiful boy.
It was barely snow.  Yuck.  (I love snow--but only if it's real!)  Doesn't this look like thoroughly nasty weather?  It was.
Eventually David slipped and fell.  He refused to put his hands on the ground in the snow, so he couldn't/wouldn't get up.  Dad finally came to the rescue.  
Maybe I have to accept that it's time to dig out David's mittens and buy Mary a hat.

P.S.  Yes, Teresa, I am jealous!!!