Thursday, May 7, 2009

We've got plans!

It's official and legally binding that Greg is going to Soto Cano Air Base in Honduras for a year, where he'll be the head A.F. Civil Engineer, in charge of such exciting things as the runway, the fire department, and the plumbing.  (Really, it is exciting!)

We are leaving Ohio at the end of the month and driving to Park City, Utah to live in my parent's handy vacation home.  Greg, the kids, and I will spend the month of June together as a family in Park City.  Greg leaves for Honduras the beginning of July, and I will spend the rest of the summer in Park City (where I hope to be joined by family members and/or friends who would like to entertain my children and save my sanity *hint*hint*).

Sometime in August my car and my children will be magically transported to the Dallas area, where, just in the nick of time, we will save my parents from an empty nest.  David (and Mary!) are registered at a neighborhood preschool, and I am already planning out where in my mom's house I'll put their train table, as well as mentally scheduling regular visits to Grammy and Grampy in a nearby town.

As for the separation . . . I prefer to repress those emotions and instead focus on the sun-dried tomato chicken wraps my mom will make me for lunch.  (How I hate making lunch for myself.)

If I ever give the impression that this is easy or desirable, just remember that repression (and fakin' it) are great talents of mine.