- Really, I didn't mean to leave you hanging for so long. We have an idea of what is in store for us next in life. Nothing is secret, but nothing is official. Once things are/feel more settled, you'll see an announcement on my blog. (In the mean time, you can always ask...)
- Mary is magical. The very week I wrote about this, she busted out of her infant car seat. Even without the straps, it was too small. What were we to do but put her in her crib, give her a blanket and a binkie, and tell her to go to sleep? It worked. Like magic. This is pretty much the first time I've had a baby sleep in that crib, let alone one who falls asleep without any help. I've often suspected that parents with babies who happily fall asleep in their cribs were either lying or secretly drugging their children. I guess some babies really are magical that way. I'm glad Mary is one of them, even though she came into her magic a little late in babyhood. But I'll take what I can get!
- Greg's paper was accepted for this year's Academy of Management conference. That's a very good thing. Hurray!
- I have a new laptop. This is exciting. Now I can use the Internet to ignore my family with much more efficacy by going into the back bedroom and locking the door the behind me.
- As a mature toddler of 17 months, Mary's first day of nursery class at church was today! The plan was for Greg to go with her for the first month, to help her get used to it, and then, once she reaches the legal age of 18 months, he would leave her. The problem? She loved it! She did really well! So well that it would be counterproductive for Greg to go with her for a month. So it looks like she won't be going again until she's "legal." Oh well...
The beetles have been rescued, the children put to bed, and it's together time for Greg and Alisa.
Good night.