Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring?

The weather yesterday evening being absolutely perfect, we decided to head over to the bike trail.  

David was ecstatic about the idea . . . until we arrived and there were no friends to be seen.  For David, nothing is fun without friends.  In his mind, he imagined a bike ride with friends--but the plan was in his mind alone.  What a disappointment.  Oh the whining that ensued . . .

David was too downtrodden to ride his bike . . . 
So Mary did!  And David lounged in the stroller.  It was quite the role reversal . . . 
It was a dream come true for Mary, and she took it very seriously. . . 

Greg was oh-so patient and pushed Mary along on that bike for a very long distance.  But finally it was time to put Mary in the stroller too . . . 


We concluded our spring evening with a stop for frozen custard.  Yum . . .

But can I make a confession?  How I have looked forward to spring . . . yet I'm not sure how I feel about its being here.  For one, I had secretly hoped for one more big snow storm.  One more round of mittens and sleds and snowmen.  Really.  I suppose it could still happen.  If it does, please don't blame me for it.  And I still reserve the right to complain.  Hmm.  Maybe that's what I'm going to miss about winter--the right to complain.  It's hard to find anything to complain about these days.