Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Wish us luck!

This weekend our family needs a little extra luck.

Mary and I are flying to Boise to visit my grandma. While I am very excited to visit family, I am not looking forward to the air travel with a baby. I have done so much traveling with a baby, you would think I wouldn't bat an eye. But this is America. I will be honest. I miss Turkish Airlines! Turks openly adore babies and small children and treat the parents of such like royalty. When one or more of the various things that can go wrong when you fly happens, it's nice to be treated like royalty. This weekend I have expectations of something going wrong (hopefully nothing too drastic!) but no expectations of being treated like royalty. Wish us luck!

Greg is taking David on the church father-son camp out this weekend. Lots of David's friends will be there, and I think he will have a great time. But this is a first for him, and he's not exactly fearless anymore. (I refer you to some previous posts, here and here and here.) Greg promised me he wouldn't let David fall in the campfire. But I am considering taking bets on whether they last the whole night. Wish them luck!

This is also the first time David and I will be separated for more than 24 hours. Like I said, wish us luck!