I was never one to pay any attention to polls . . . but now I am addicted.
You can read about the man and the method behind the numbers here. Or for a much, much simpler (and graphic) explanation, watch this. Also, this website was mentioned recently in the New York Times, where it's reported that the site gets a million page views per day. I think 500,000 of them come from this computer. Oh, and you can see pictures of Mary's recent Obama rally here (as well as some pictures from a Palin rally the same day).
It is my masochistic pessimism that drives me back to the site again and again. The more favorable things look, the more certain I am of impending defeat.
But I think Greg looks at the website even more often than I do. I attribute this to data envy. How he longs to run perform his own regression analyses and find his own correlations. But he has no data. Alas, he is a graduate student without data. A very sad state, indeed. (Unless, of course, you are a grad student in, say, English Literature. Then all you have to do is open a book. Maybe Greg should have followed my lead?)
Greg is still waiting for approval to conduct his survey and collect his data. While he waits, he will continue to live vicariously through Nate Silver.
(Thanks, Gina . . . I think.)