To celebrate his birthday, Greg chose to visit the Natural History Museum at the old Union Terminal. We went yesterday.

Besides bats, ice age animals, and dinosaurs, we also got to see the holiday train display.


And we got to climb up to the old control tower of the train station. We saw lots of train tracks. And learned more about the history of the old terminal.

This afternoon, after church, we made the cake. And licked the beaters.

David decorated the cake.

Meanwhile, Mary decorated Daddy's gift wrap. (I was trying to move the leftover Tinkerbell wrapping paper from my birthday, but David vetoed that. Not for boys, he said.)

David insisted that all birthday parties must have bubbles and balloons. I blew up a few balloons. And David blew the bubbles.

We also got to initiate our new personalized Singing Cake Plate, which we conveniently received just three days ago.

It spins and plays "Happy Birthday." We were all amazed.

David volunteered to blow out Daddy's candles. But then he requested a little help. So Daddy blew out his candles...and blew half the sprinkles off the cake.

Mary's cute, and I made the cake, but it was really David who made the day special. He reminded his dad all day that it was his birthday. David loves parties, and was filled with glee. In fact, all weekend he repeatedly announced, "Daddy, I like your birthday!"
I like Greg's birthday too. Most of all, I like Greg.
I know I don't write much about my husband: He's too awesome for words.