
Thursday morning David had a very special outing with Grammy, Grampy, Uncle Matt, and Sadie (who, by this point, was his newly proclaimed best friend). They came by the hotel at 7 am to pick him up and go watch his daddy finish the Atlanta Half-Marathon. David was as enthusiastic as ever about the early morning adventure. (I stayed behind so Mary could take a morning nap.)
I love this picture of Matt, Sadie, and David (with his backpack) walking towards the finish line.
Waiting
and more waiting. David and Sadie cheered on the early finishers.
Greg has this nice habit of running fast, so his spectators never have to wait too long for him to appear! There he is, in red, having just run under the Olympic rings:
With a time of 1:34, he finished in the top 5%.
Cooling down with Dad:
After the race, David got this pilgrim's hat painted on his face. Pretty fancy.
With winter having set in here in Ohio, Greg's long runs are over for the season. But I sense a few more half-marathons in the future. (Why half? Because sometimes half is better than whole.)Thank you, Grammy, for these pictures!