Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Official update

With this blog nine months old and 275 (!) posts long, I thought it was about time to provide some context for my readers, which may be much needed, depending from where and when I know you (if I know you at all).  

I am Alisa.  I am married to Greg.  He is an Air Force Civil Engineer Officer.  After assignments in Delaware and Turkey, we now live near Dayton, Ohio.  Greg is currently working on a master's degree in Engineering Management at the Air Force Institute of Technology.  We are all enjoying his life as a full-time student.

We have a three-year-old son.  His name is David, and he likes trucks, friends, and jumping off the diving board.  He is also learning a lot at preschool.  Mary is our one-year-old, and she likes grapes, shoes, and sitting on her brother's head.  She also enjoys reading books, as long as she can hold the book herself.

The coming year will likely bring big changes for our family.  Greg graduates in March.  We will find out that same month where we will be moving.  Greg has applied for positions in St. Louis, San Antonio, Colorado Springs, Virginia, and here in Dayton, all of which begin in the summertime.  But we could end up anywhere.  The chances are good that Greg will deploy to Iraq or Afghanistan next fall, so I hope we move somewhere I like!

For now, we are spending a lot of time together as a family and enjoying what Ohio has to offer.  We have found the Dayton area to be a great place to live, made even better by the wonderful friends we've met, and we will be very sad to leave.

In addition, we continue to find a great deal of fulfillment in service opportunities as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Above all, we are grateful for Jesus Christ and the joy His teachings bring to our lives.

(Now, if I were feeling motivated, I would print this off on some festive paper and stuff it into my Christmas cards...)