
We have since entered a new era. Mary explores the house, dumping out, opening up, and toppling over. She also pulls herself up now, so there are more messes to be made now that her reach is higher. And she's discovered the buttons on the stereo system (ugh!). I love her curiosity and careful determination. But am I really ready for all this again? (Let's just say David wasn't exactly the kind of baby--or toddler--who liked to sit around. I'm still recovering from his babyhood!)
[By the way, Mary is officially crawling up on her knees. She's been commando-crawling since she was five months old. For the past month she has been crawling on her knees a few inches accidentally now and then. Earlier this week she began crawling on her knees for short distances, but preferred the army-man thing for the long haul. And tonight she finally discovered that the quickest way to Mom is using the knees.]