Friday, February 20, 2009

Grandma Evie's visit: Things we are doing

So far Grandma Evie's visit has entailed, among other things, a trip to the airport (always exciting), a trip to The Greene...

...to play with the trains (because trains are more fun in a bookstore than at your own house)... 
...and do puzzles...
...and check out the view...
...and eat yummy food...
...and play with toothpicks...
We also went to a big playgroup at the rec center, watched David show off during swim lessons, and explored the Boonshoft Museum.  

Mary has had some one-on-one time with Grandma, and she didn't completely freak out.  

Also, my mom watched the kids while I went to my very first parent-teacher conference.  (David has come a long way.  A really long way.  A really really long way.  His teacher loves him.  I've done a few parent-teacher conferences, so I can read between the lines: His teacher loves him.  How my soul soared!)

We're considering a visit to the Air Force Museum or maybe the Packard car museum.  And Columbus or Cincy next week.

But tonight is the night: A real date night.  Dinner and a movie.  Greg and I have a lot to discuss.  So much that maybe we'll skip the movie.  Either way...I can't wait.  I might even change out of my yoga pants.

I'm so glad Grandma Evie is here.  Perfect timing.