Friday, February 13, 2009

Three funnies and one not

--I was cuddling with David on the couch, and he said, "Mom, be careful.  Don't cuddle me too hard or I'll break.  Then all the food in my belly will spill out, and it will be a big mess."

--David found a campaign button.  He looked at it thoughtfully, then said, "Mom, I don't like Obama.  I like Alexis."  (Alexis in 2012?)

--I caught David trying to climb up a shelf.  He told me was doing his exercises.  I responded with a lengthy lecture about injuries, doctors, and hospitals.  "But Mom," he said, pointing to his plain old T-shirt, "this is my safety shirt, and it will protect my belly."

--David was riding down the hill in his giant orange dump truck.  Unfortunately, Mary fell flat on her back right in his path.  He couldn't stop.  I couldn't get to her fast enough.  And David ran right over her head.  Ouch.  Poor baby.  It was an accident, and it might have been funny--if it weren't for the look of pure glee on David's face when he realized he was going to run over his sister.  (This also wasn't the first time.)